Jean-luc an Diego have a talk with Sergio Pengel about studying and building a business in the US, tech developments in the Caribbean, the importance of basic start-up concepts such as MVPs, and development in the E-Commerce and No-Code space.
Founder of PIEDATA and Co-Founder DevTribe, Sergio discovered his passion for helping entrepreneurs optimize their digital adoption. He is an advocate for using technology in ways that humanize, unite and solve citizens centric problems. Born in Suriname, Sergio earned his undergraduate degree in Business Management from FVSU and pursued his MBA in International Business at Phoenix State University. He developed his grit and character working with the Government and Private sector adding value to corporations such as Georgia Lottery, Honda, CANTO, CARICOM and more.
Sergio’s impressive career highlights his vibrant leadership and Business network with a track record of overachievement in product development, professional services, and delivery management. Elected by community leaders, Sergio serves as an advisor to many international officials while continuing to promote the advancement of the Diasporic network to adopt STEAM (Science Technology Arts and Mathematics) to Caribbean Boys and girls to the international community.
You can also connect with Sergio:
Learn more about No Code Caribbean.
- 0:00 – Introduction to Sergio
- 4:20 – How Sergio ended up in the United States and studied business
- 16:34 – What thing you would to see integrated in the Surinamese educational system
- 20:08 – Stepping into the world of entrepreneurship
- 25:21 – Almost a millionaire on paper
- 31:39 – How do you manage risk and did it change over the years?
- 41:58 – What does Piedata stand for?
- 55:48 – How do you deal with investors and people that have a stake in your company?
- 1:03:46 – No Code solutions to actually start a business from home and build an MVP
- 1:10:02 – Closing off with No Code Caribbean
Feel free to join our Discord Server.