Capital Confoes 4 – Teaching as a Finance YouTuber w/ AJ from StraightTalks
In this podcast we take you with us on a journey about economics and investing. By being equipped with different perspective we strive to make better and more informed financial decisions. Welcome to Capital Confoes!
In episode 4 we had a conversation with AJ who runs the StraightTalks YouTube channel. He is CFA charter holder and CFP professional working in wealth management as a financial planner.
Check out his content:
- 0:00 – Getting AJ on the Podcast
- 5:01 – CFA and CFP explained
- 10:16 – Do these certifications translate well into non US markets?
- 13:22 – Sending out 172 job applications
- 17:35 – Getting your foot in the door
- 20:21 – Why wealth management?
- 22:47 – 401k and other accounts explained
- 25:30 – Entering the market as a non US individual
- 28:34 – Stock, bonds and portfolios explained
- 34:41 – The importance of psychology in investing
- 41:03 – How do wealth managers generate income?
- 47:16 – Is there a future for financial planners?
- 52:26 – Day trading and red flags
- 57:07 – Starting a YouTube channel
- 1:04:58 – What academic programs are there for people interested in finance?
- 1:09:59 – Closing off
Feel free to join our Discord Server.
** The information in this podcast is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional financial advice. All content, including text, graphics and images contained in this podcast is for general information purposes only and does not replace a consultation with your financial or tax professional **