Creative Confoes 012 – Building an Independent Career in Music w/ Jason Herkul
Fresh episode of Creative Confoes with Jason Herkul from Herkules Rekords. He’s a music producer based in Paramaribo, Suriname. Herkules Rekords is a music production entity involved with recording and marketing original releases, corresponding videos and audio engineering services for various platforms, mediums, emerging technologies and digital networks.
Listen to his music here and connect with Jason:
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 2:07 – Starting a music production studio
- 8:07 – How do you see the landscape of music developing?
- 10:21 – Monetizing music and sustaining yourself
- 17:57 – What’s missing for artists to get more international exposure
- 24:52 – Doing it yourself or outsourcing
- 29:44 – Collaborating with other artists
- 32:26 – How would you describe your sound?
- 35:55 – What’s the best investment you made in the studio?
- 37:44 – Walk us through your creative process
- 40:30 – Iconic sounds in other media
- 43:55 – Closing off
Feel free to join our Discord Server.