Social Confoes 108 – Creating Your Own Culture w/ Suchi Sairam
In this episode of Social Confoes, we sit down with Suchi Sairam, an Indian-Texan-Minnesotan-American Multicultural Artpreneur, artist, and author. We discuss her multiple award-winning children’s book, “Dancing Deepa,” and the important themes of representation, empowerment, risk-taking, and overcoming assumptions. Suchi shares her unique perspective on navigating multiple cultures and identities and how she integrates the arts, multiculturalism. Join us as we delve into the power of passion and the value of pursuing what you love with Suchi Sairam on Social Confoes.
Here are 5 major take-aways from Suchi’s conversation:
- Cultural inputs from different places can lead to a unique culture for an individual.
- Encouragement and freedom to pursue one’s interests is important for personal and professional growth.
- The critical mass of a cultural community can help to maintain and evolve cultural traditions.
- Access to media and technology can provide more inputs for cultural understanding and appreciation.
- Cultural exchange and mingling can lead to a global culture that is diverse and unique.
Connect and learn more about Such on her website: suchisairam.com.
Subscribe to our Newsletter on Substack.