Social Confoes 011 – Scaling Startups in the Asian Markets w/ Reuben Noronha
Diego and Jean-luc are looking forward to having Reuben Noronha as our #SocialConfoes guest this week to talk about finding opportunities and starting up businesses. This social conversation will touch on different topics ranging from building and scaling businesses in South East Asia to finding opportunities in the crypto space. We might even jump into talking about creating content, productivity and/or even a little bit of music.
Reuben has spent the last few years building and scaling business in Asia. He built his first company, Nivaasa, in 2013 and ran it for two years. After that, he had the opportunity to build and scale multiple businesses at Zilingo. He enjoys the 0 to 1 phase and finding new ways for businesses to monetize.
Check out Reuben’s Podcast where he speaks to people about their experiences and learnings over the last 10 years. From PhDs to Musicians, Consultants to Entrepreneurs, you’ll hear from a diverse set of people who are doing really interesting things, at the same time, and figuring it out along the way.
You can also connect with Reuben:
- 0:00 – Good morning from Singapore
- 3:30 – What should people know about Singapore?
- 7:40 – Tell us about your first startup in India
- 21:13 – What does 0 to 1 mean in a startup?
- 25:55 – Economic vs Cultural freedom in Singapore
- 41:41 – Transition from your own startup to working at another startup
- 50:04 – Bootstrapping principles that young entrepreneurs should look at or ignore
- 55:30 – At what point did you know you were ready to leave the startup?
- 1:00:03 – Crypto Q&A
- 1:17:06 – What’s next for Reuben?
- 1:20:52 – Closing off
Feel free to join our Discord Server.