In this podcast we take you with us on a journey about economics and investing. By being equipped with different perspective we strive to make better and more informed financial decisions. Welcome to Capital Confoes!
In episode 3 we had a conversation with Kevin Hinds, a Data Analyst who works at one of the big banks in Barbados. We kicked it off with some backstory from Kevin on how he ended up in Data Analysis and then went straight into the relationships data analysis has in the wider economy, especially in the banking sector he works in and how small nations like Barbados and Suriname play their role.
- 0:00 – Introductions
- 1:51 – Coronavirus situation in Barbados
- 11:39 – Day-to-day work and responsibilities
- 29:29 – Can we even keep up with the exponential technological developments?
- 35:58 – Separating correlation from causation
- 40:36 – Comparing Suriname to New York
- 44:30 – Maintaining robustness as data becomes more complex
- 49:01 – Making predictions through the Covid-situation
- 54:13 – Has security scaled as much as the technology?
- 57:33 – Attracting investors to Barbados/Suriname
- 1:07:36 – Scenario: Pension fund liabilities increasing as life expectancy increases
- 1:13:02 – Closing remarks
Feel free to join our Discord Server.
** The information in this podcast is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional financial advice. All content, including text, graphics and images contained in this podcast is for general information purposes only and does not replace a consultation with your financial or tax professional **