Social Confoes 006 – From Stay at Home Mom to Speaking at the Biggest Marketing Stages w/ Dorien Morin – van Dam
Diego and Jean-luc talked with their first female guest on Social Confoes, Dorien Morin – van Dam. She is originally from the Netherlands and moved to the US at the age of 18. Have a listen to see how here journey unfolded as she went from being a stay at home mother to speaking at the biggest social media stages. It was a joy to speak with her and she has and uplifting and very approachable personality.
Kickstart your Social Media Success today at moreinmedia.com.
You can also connect with Dorien through her socials:
- 0:00 – Meeting someone who knows where Suriname is during a Conference (SMMW)
- 2:25 – Orange Glasses
- 7:15 – Moving to the US at the age of 18 and dealing with home-sickness
- 18:30 – From a time where there was to Social Media to becoming a Social Media Strategist
- 28:50 – Views on controversies like ‘Zwarte Piet’ in the Netherlands and how it affects Social Media in your area
- 40:00 – Are getting more connected or disconnected through the rise of Social Media?
- 46:15 – How does learning marketing and social media through volunteering compare to a traditional education
- 58:40 – How was your first conference experience and what future trends in social media marketing do you foresee
- 1:06:50 – Migrating to the US and how do you even prepare yourself to jump into the US market
- 1:12:30 – Closing Remarkts
Video Version of the Episode
Feel free to join our Discord Server.