In this episode of #SocialConfoe This week on #SocialConfoes, Moreno Jackson will be joining us to talk about topics as part of the theme, compounding on opportunities: – Finding and applying for scholarships and grants – How to make and maintain professional relationships – NGO’s vs Businesses – Learning from travel – and we closed…Read More
In this podcast we take you with us on a journey about economics and investing. By being equipped with different perspective we strive to make better and more informed financial decisions. Welcome to Capital Confoes! In episode 2 we touch a bit on Universal Basic Income (UBI) Episode Overview 0:00 – Intro The Hosts Diego…Read More
In this podcast we take you with us on a journey about economics and investing. By being equipped with different perspective we strive to make better and more informed financial decisions. Welcome to Capital Confoes!
In our very first episode we explore: Minimum Wage
- 0:00 – Intro
- 4:56 – Project based pricing vs hourly rates
- 7:19 – Benefits of minimum wage
- 12:30 – The state of minimum wage locally
- 16:37 – Minimum wage and unemployment
- 24:14 – Maslow’s hierarchy
- 28:10 – Closing remarks
Feel free to join our Discord Server.
** The information in this podcast is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional financial advice. All content, including text, graphics and images contained in this podcast is for general information purposes only and does not replace a consultation with your financial or tax professional **Read More
The first month of 2021 is a wrap and what better way to kick-off February with Diego and Tevin hosting the first Creative Confoes for 2021. We are joined by a rather superstitious but curious creative who recently went through a journey of self-discovery through his photography. Our guest for this episode is Jake Amatdoelrasit, better know by his Instagram handle @TacoAtPlay.
Slide into Jake’s DM on Instagram @TacoAtPlay
- 0:00 – A Fresh New Intro Sequence 🙂
- 6:20 – Do we all start off with a Sony camera?
- 10:30 – What’s so special about coffee?
- 13:25 – The story behind the coffee mug on Jake’s hand
- 20:40 – Taco revealed
- 28:00 – Walk us through your early days editing process where it was 90% editing and 10% shooting
- 37:09 – What were your criteria for choosing your first camera
- 42:05 – In your opinion, what separate’s the great from the good in our local community
- 52:10 – Have you been able to build a business around your craft?
- 57:30 – Don’t book your shoot until May
- 1:02:25 – Closing off with one body and one lens
Feel free to join our Discord Server.Read More
After doing the podcast remotely for over 6 months, Diego and Greg finally meet up again in person to record the first episode of Casual Confoes in 2021. With 2020 being a wrap, we reflect on some of the highlights and experienced we both had. Additionally, we also briefly discussed what’s ahead for the series in 2021 one by announcing a new series that will focus specifically on economics and finance.
See you next time on Capital Confoes.
- 0:00 – Fresh New Intro Sequence 🙂
- 1:30 – Reflecting on our 2020
- 11:55 – Remember our very first episode, how about our international guests?
- 19:32 – Our new series!
- 33:25 – How is the corporate investment world in Suriname?
- 37:05 – What else is brewing for 2021
- 40:23 – Wrapping up and final announcements
Feel free to join our Discord Server.Read More
Welcome back to the Casual Confoes podcast. This time we had a fairly chill Zoom side casual chat with some of my friends in Suriname and the Netherlands to exchange some thoughts on the everlasting presence of Ponzi schemes and maybe how to start one xD? This topic came to mind as there was a…Read More
In this episode we talk with Gervaldo Sloot. We talk about his journey in the creative arts, starting with his love for music and how he later delved into the world of photography. Have a listen to find out more about him. Episode overview: 0:00 – A guy with many names – Gerry 5:46 –…Read More
Welcome back to the Casual Confoes podcast, a series dedicated towards economics and finance. In this episode we had Robert P. Murphy as a guest. He is a PhD economist and a Senior Fellow with the Mises Institute. He is the author of many books and articles. Additionally, he is also the host of The…Read More
In this episode we talk with Joel Aarland. Through a twist of events, he somehow got dragged into film making a few years ago after the Carifesta event in Suriname and now he is studying the arts in India. Have a listen to find out more about him.Read More
This is the start of a new series called Cognitive Confoes that will be dedicated to more abstract and conceptual topics. In this first episode, I had the privilege to talk with Wayne Macpherson about Kaizen. In short, Kaizen, is a Japanese philosophy on continuous improvement. Wayne is from New Zealand and he currently holds…Read More
Welcome back to the Casual Confoes podcast, a series dedicated towards economics and finance. Today we had Eason Ye as a guest; a Qualified Associate Financial Planner at TD Canada. In short, he’s the guy that advises clients based on their criteria on investment and retirement. We talked about his youth, how he ended up…Read More