Social Confoes 111 – Influencer and AI Marketing w/ Mike Allton
Welcome to Social Confoes! Today’s episode features an international keynote speaker, award-winning consultant, and author at The Social Media Hat, Mike Allton. With over a decade of experience in digital marketing, Mike has established a reputation for being able to explain complex topics in easy-to-understand ways. He is also the Head of Strategic Partnerships at Agorapulse, a robust social media management tool favored by agencies and social media influencers around the world. Join us as we discuss influencer marketing from both the brand and influencer’s point of view.
I think it’s important to note that. Everybody’s an influencer. To a certain extent, maybe you don’t intend to be an influencer, but if you have people who are connected with you in real life, on social media, wherever the case might be, and you give them recommendations, you give them ideas, you give them suggestions, you’re influencing them. ~ Mike Allton
Here are 5 major take-aways from Mike’s conversation:
- The Metaverse is not likely to have the kind of impact that a lot of people thought it would have and may even be abandoned as an idea. AI, on the other hand, is becoming more entangled in our day-to-day lives and is starting to catch on with normal people, as it is integrated more prominently into our tools.
- As AI is integrated more prominently, it is going to make it so that individuals, regular people can ask questions in a very natural language kind of a way, and get a natural language response, rather than a list of 10 websites that may or may not have anything to do with what they asked.
- Influencers should be careful not to allow AI to recreate or generate everything they say. They should use it as a guide, as inspiration, but make sure that they are investing themselves in everything they are doing so that their community continues to be authentic tomorrow.
- Pay attention to trends and what has been trending for a while as an influencer or business owner. Businesses should be thinking about how they can use AI to help them in their content creation, reach their audience, and build their community.
- Differentiate yourself as an influencer or business owner and invest in yourself in everything you are doing so that your community continues to be authentic tomorrow. Your influence is based on the relationship between your audience and you as an individual, as a person, and AI can’t duplicate that.
Learn more about Mike on: https://www.entrepreneur.com/author/mike-allton
Subscribe to our Newsletter on Substack.